Feel better almost immediately with these 3 tips
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
― Corrie Ten Boom, Clippings from My Notebook
It's only natural to feel worried, stress, and anxious about your fears or concerns.
But when worry and anxiety become excessive and out of control, they can start taking a toll on both your health and your peace of mind.
If you catch yourself feeling worried or anxious about anything, follow these 3 easy-to-take steps that will get those anxious thoughts out of your head and put a stop to this negative habit.
Ask yourself if there is any solution to the worry
Is this concern something that you can take action about or is it completely out of your control?
If you can do something about it, take action immediately if possible.
Or start writing out a plan that will allow you to do something about it and take one small step to put an end to this worry immediately.
If you cannot do anything about it, smile, breathe deeply 3 times, and...
Interrupt the anxious or worrisome thought
- Clap 3 times and pinch your nose
- or slap yourself on the forehead and put a huge grin on your face
- or bite your tongue and pull on your ears.
You get the idea :)
Basically, do anything to interrupt the worrisome or fearful thought pattern
Replace the thought with something better
Now that you have stopped the worry, replace it with a better thought.
Repeat a favorite Bible verse ten times.
- Like "If God be for me, who can be against me."
- Or "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me."
Lookup a quote from Goodreads about the issue and repeat that.
If you are worrying about fear in general, look it up and see what others have to say about it.
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” ― Mark Twain
- “Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.” ― Veronica Roth, Divergent
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Create and repeat an affirmation that gives you strength.
For example, if you are worried about catching Covid, repeat
- "Every day, in every way, I am feeling better and better."
- or "I am healthy, whole and free"
- Or "My body is always doing its best to create perfect health."
So give yourself a little break, put a smile on your face and remember to
1. Ask yourself if there is any solution to the worry
2. Interrupt the anxious or worrisome thought
3. Replace the thought with something better
and if the worry pattern persists, you might want to talk to someone or get more professional advice.
- I hope you enjoyed this article and thanks for reading it!
- You can read more of my articles at https://salars.net